I carry a notebook around with at all times. Several, actually. One in my purse; one in my car; one in my Bible. When I get a thought, whether it’s profound or grocery-related, I like to write it down. There’s a pretty good chance I’m not gonna remember it otherwise.
And then life gets busy, and those little notes to myself accumulate, as I tear them out and set them on my desk, until I realize after a week or so, that I need to do something about it. Phrases need to be turned into complete sentences, and then some of them need to be put on my computer for future use, and others need to be added to my prayer notebook.
I sat down the other day to go through all that, and I thought you might be interested to see what interested me. Maybe it’ll inspire you, too! So here you go:
* “If you don’t want a hard-boiled egg for a snack then you don’t really need a snack.” (In other words, you’re not hungry, you’re just bored.)
* “What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.” (Oliver Wendell Holmes)
* “cricklewood” (I think this is a place in England. I wrote down because it’s such a charming word.)
* “No matter what that person did wrong, I need to remember that I’ve done it too.”
* “Every action against a backdrop of belief.”
* “Lemon juice, grapeseed oil, olive oil, salt.” (That’s my sister’s dressing for kale salad. Nope; no amounts. ‘Cause that’s how she rolls.)
* “Being saved vs living saved” (Being saved should change our lives, not just change what happens when we die.)
* “Jehovah. Yahweh…. YHWH… say it in three short breaths: yah ho wah. The breath of God. Who He is.”
* “Adam and Eve hid like a child who’s expecting punishment.” (That visual made me laugh. But it’s true.)
* “Okay, suppose your worst fear does come true. What then?” (You have to hear that as if it’s God saying it to you.)
* “Spiritual growth is like dialysis. Every day you have to go and exchange what’s in you for what you need.”
* Potential is realized when someone sees the flower in the seed.
* “It’s just a penny.” (In other words, the problem in your life is not as big as you think it is.)
Inspiration is everywhere, in unexpected places. Joy!
~ “incline your ear to wisdom,
and apply your heart to understanding;
Yes, if you cry out for discernment,
And lift up your voice for understanding,
If you seek her as silver,
and search for her as for hidden treasures;
Then you will understand the fear of the Lord,
and find the knowledge of God.” ~